Equal parts self-aggrandising, self-referential and self-conscious, this is a page dedicated to my life, work, family, friends and the things that make me go mmm...

Sunday 23 December 2007

In the Bag


After spending a lovely day soaking up the summer sun at the local pool before the weekend wraps up, I scuttled back home to get stuck into my Master's work and the ever-looming final deadline. Though, due to last night's drinking/social marathon, the subsequent lack of sleep and three hours in direct sunlight, I'm left feeling somewhat sleepy and rather uninspired. In order to get my cerebral juices flowing I ended up turning to the web wheelings and dealings of my friends and family and found an entry and request on my sister's old blog which seemed a lot more intriguing than the old book-learning: What's in your bag? The deal is you take a picture of the interior machinations of your messenger bag, pocketbook, briefcase, sparkly clutch, what have you, and then explain to your loyal reader/s what is the what.

Hey ho, let's go:


  • Small pocket-sized notebook for jotting down story ideas, anecdotes and other random things I'll never read again
  • Pen for writing in said notebook
  • Sunglasses case, which holds the first pair of sunglasses that I've paid more than ten dollars for, because I'm a big boy
  • iPod cover
  • Security ID so I can get into my work building (complete with alarmingly serial killer-esque photo)
  • Stack of CDs
  • Lip balm
  • Prescription pain killers to help me cope with the invasive dental work I'm currently undergoing
And just because I took some shit out prior to the shot, I've included a selection of items usually found in my bag that were M.I.A.



  • Expensive headphones that have more than paid for themselves since purchase
  • Wallet
  • Lighter
  • Eau de toilette
  • Banking correspondence

So, what's in yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.