Equal parts self-aggrandising, self-referential and self-conscious, this is a page dedicated to my life, work, family, friends and the things that make me go mmm...

Saturday 8 December 2007

Shit I Like


After a pronounced bout of whining, my flatmate dragged my sorry arse up the road to get breakfast. I thought I'd be much more content to sit in front of my laptop checking out various celebrity blogs and steeping in my own special blend of post-break-up depression juices, but boy-o am I glad I took a break from my mundane indulgence. I was flipping through this magazine and came across the work of an artist that I read about many moons ago but had forgotten existed. His name is Chris Jordan and he looks at the modern age-old artistic obsession with consumption but does it in this ingenius way. My favourite work is this photographic series that, according to his website, explores the notion that "the pervasiveness of our consumerism holds a seductive kind of mob mentality. Collectively we are committing a vast and unsustainable act of taking, but we each are anonymous and no one is in charge or accountable for the consequences."

Me likey.

No comments: